Are you struggling with the decision between live music or a DJ for your event? Well then hopefully this article will help point you in the right direction for your wedding.
Typically, DJs are less expensive than a band. So if budget is a big concern, then we suggest a DJ.
Here are a few pros and cons to each:
- Cost Effective
- Easy to move - from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception
- Songs sound exactly as you want them
- Takes up less space
- if the DJ is off their game- might run the whole night
- Less appealing to non-dancers
Photo from Jam Music
- Live music - performance factor
- Tweak the lyrics for you - drum solo or sax solo
- Pleasing to all guests usually - if some folks aren't into dancing then they like to sit and experience the music vs. watching a DJ
- less variety (depending on the band you choose- they might do one genre)
- Take Breaks so there will be a pause in your live music - but it can be an opportunity to have recorded music with songs like the Wobble and Cupid Shuffle
Photo from Vertigo Band
It is really a personal choice - but with either we suggest trying to see them in action - not wedding crash - but usually DJs and Bands will have local gigs at clubs etc. So just ask them for their schedule and go check them out before you book!