Live Band or DJ
Are you struggling with the decision between live music or a DJ for your event? Well then hopefully this article will help point you in the right direction for your wedding.
Typically, DJs are less expensive than a band. So if budget is a big concern, then we suggest a DJ.
Here are a few pros and cons to each:
- Cost Effective
- Easy to move - from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception
- Songs sound exactly as you want them
- Takes up less space
- if the DJ is off their game- might run the whole night
- Less appealing to non-dancers
Photo from Jam Music
- Live music - performance factor
- Tweak the lyrics for you - drum solo or sax solo
- Pleasing to all guests usually - if some folks aren't into dancing then they like to sit and experience the music vs. watching a DJ
- less variety (depending on the band you choose- they might do one genre)
- Take Breaks so there will be a pause in your live music - but it can be an opportunity to have recorded music with songs like the Wobble and Cupid Shuffle
Photo from Vertigo Band
It is really a personal choice - but with either we suggest trying to see them in action - not wedding crash - but usually DJs and Bands will have local gigs at clubs etc. So just ask them for their schedule and go check them out before you book!
Day of Wedding Planner | Florida Day of Wedding Planner | South Florida Day of Wedding Planner | Palm Beach Day of Wedding Planner | Naples Day of Wedding Planner | Marco Island Day of Wedding Planner | Orlando Day of Wedding Planner | Jupiter Day of Wedding Planner | Day of Wedding Coordinator | Palm Beach Day of Wedding Coordinator | South Florida Day of Coordinator | South Florida Wedding Planner | Palm Beach Wedding Planner | Florida Day of Wedding Coordinator